If you have questions or comments about any federal program or service, or need help dealing with any department or agency of the Government of Canada, please don’t hesitate to contact my Constituency Office. It is an honour to serve our community.
As many of you have likely already witnessed yourself, political and election advertisements can often be overwhelming during the lead up to an election as well as during the election period itself. Voters are bombarded by advertisements from candidates, political parties, and third parties who are desperate to share their message to Canadians. That is why it is important that legislative changes are made to ensure that Canadians are fully informed when it comes to political advertisements. With C-524, I hope to achieve just that. My private member’s bill C-524 seeks to amend the Canada Elections Act to ensure that individuals and parties explicitly endorse the content of their political advertisement during both election, and non-election periods. This way, the disclosure of sources of information is done in a transparent manner.
C-524 is endorsed by groups that care about strengthening our democracy such as Fair Vote. Not only that, but I have heard from Canadians from across the country who know that more must be done when it comes to political transparency.
Join me in making our democratic process more transparent and accountable
Specific Changes Sought Under C-524
• Advertisements in print must be accompanied by an endorsing statement identifying the candidate, leader of the political party, or authorized representative of the third party
• Advertisements in audio-visual form must be accompanied by an unobscured full –screen view of the endorser making their statement or a voice-over accompanied by a clearly identifiable photographic or similar image
On behalf of the Winnipeg North’s Got Talent Committee, we apologize for the delay in publishing this year’s guidelines. We have made some changes from last year’s competition.
1) Age range has been increased to 21 years old and we have divided the competition into 3 different age brackets. See guidelines for the breakdown
2) We have included martial arts performances into the competition.
3) We have eliminated the audition phase of the competition. All contestants will be performing before a panel of judges on the day of the event, October 3, 2014 at the Maples Community Centre.
Please click on link below to download full competition details.
Winnipeg North’s Got Talent Competition Guidelines (edited on September 13, 2014)
Thank you for your participation,
Event Coordinator, Roldan Sevillano
(204) 230-9328 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize for the delay, there are some last minute additions to this year’s competition.
Dear Constituents of Winnipeg North, Due to a slight delay in the installation of key services, my office reopening has been pushed back to Wednesday April […]
Junior Category: Grand Champion: Rosemarie Tamondong 1st Runner Up: Nicole Rumbaoa 2nd Runner Up: Gurnoor Chawla — Adult Category: Grand Champion: Dutchess Cayetano 1st Runner Up: […]
* The below names are listed in alphabetical order, not by highest score. * JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL — JUNIOR CATEGORY 1) Divnoor Chawa 2) Richard […]
Official rules and guidelines will be posted by Wednesday August 28th, 2013 | 8:00pm CST. For more info contact Roldan at email@example.com / (204) 230-9328.
98 Mandalay Drive
Kevin Lamoureux MP
House of Commons